The Meta Coaching System
Posted by mindpowerhub
Have you ever thought of the distinction and purpose of coaching at the workplace?
Many clients that I have approached seem to have this expectation that coaching is the solution for ALL and it is where you drive people to performance. This is not entirely false – for conventional coaching methods. Coaching is a technique with which the coach drives a coachee to achieve peak performance. The next questions is – is that change SUSTAINABLE?
At Mindpower, we adopt a wholistic approach to coaching – and the method is called The Meta Coaching System. It is an in-depth methodology that wins the “inner game”, that leads to peak performance on the “outer game”.
Lets take a quick overview of what meta-coaching is.
The above shows the 8 models of meta-coaching. How do all of the models fit together?
Since coaching is essentially a conversation, all of the Meta-Coaching models came together to detail the communication process.
- NLP Communication establishes the basis and essential features of communication.
- Meta-States deepens the communication by getting to the meta-framework of it.
- Meta-Programs identifies the solidified meta-states that are now the person’s perceptual filters.
- Matrix describes the communication processes in terms of the system loops as information enters and energy exits the mind-body system.
- Axes of Change uses the mechanisms of communication change.
- Benchmarking connects conceptual communication of meaning to behavioral expressions so the communication transfers from mind to action which we can then measure.
- Self-Actualization Quadrants weds meaning and performance into a synergy that integrates both so it optimally flourishes.
- Facilitation weds the compassion with challenge synergy to enable all of the operational functions in the communication process.
Referenced from Meta-Coach Reflections #19 – by L. Michael Hall, PhD
These 8 models are used by the meta coach to identify the 8 things that coaching is – and the models that address those operations of coaching.
In the next article, we will be sharing about how these models fit into the coaching conversations we spoke about in our earlier article. If you have not read it, you can do so HERE. We will also be sharing more on additional types of coaching conversations in that process.
Write in to us at email@example.com to learn more about what we do.
Posted on January 4, 2016, in Articles and tagged 8 models, axes of change, benchmarking model, facilitation model, matrix model, meta coaching system, meta programs, meta states, meta-coaching, neuro semantics, nlp, overview, self-actualization. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Comments are closed.